ACP is always looking for volunteers! Our dedicated Volunteers are what make ACP so successful! Become involved today and become a part of the Award Winning Theater that is ACP!
Ways You Can Volunteer
While many people think volunteering at the theater means acting, there is so much more. Here are just a few ways our volunteers contribute:
- Backstage – helping with props during a show
- Shop – set building (even if you aren’t good with tools or aren’t able to move heavy items, we always need painters, etc.)
- Sound/lighting – you don’t need to be an engineer to help in this area – we can train you on how to use a spotlight or to run sound effects for a show
- Box Office – helping with selling tickets during a performance, assisting with mailers, etc.
- Marketing – helping us to get the word out on ACP and upcoming shows
- Graphics – helping to make graphics, logos, posters, or brochures for our shows, website, etc.
- Costuming – help pick costumes for an upcoming show
- Seamstress – work on hemming or making dresses, etc.
- So much more!
How to Get Involved
There are several ways to get involved, and it is strongly suggested that you try a couple different ways at the same time…
- Sign up for our email newsletter – this is a great way to learn about upcoming opportunities or needs that ACP has for a particular show, or to learn about training opportunities for the shop, lighting, sound and many other things. You can sign up for the newsletter by clicking here. While the newsletter is a good way to learn more about opportunities at ACP, typically the needs for a show that are sent out via the newsletter are only those the director was unable to otherwise fill. So, there are other ways listed below that should also be considered…
- Call the Box Office at 803-648-1438 or email us and …
- Ask to be contacted by ACP’s Volunteer Coordinator
- Look at our current season of shows and see which ones interest you, and then contact the Volunteer Coordinator (via the Box Office) as well as the Director (again, request this via the Box Office) in order to see if the Director has any available slots on a show or any outstanding needs
- Ask for a behind the scenes tour of our beautiful facility – it will be a great way to meet a few new faces!
- Of course, you could always come out for auditions for a show too!